Children's Residential Care Officer
Salary: £11.10 per hour (Average earnings of £27,500 per annum which includes 5 ‘sleep in’ payments and 15 hours overtime per month) (Due to be reviewed April 2024)
Welcome bonus of up to £350 plus enhanced overtime rate
Closing date: 29 February 2024
Location: Newburn, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Hours: Full and part time roles available over a 7-day rota
Please note: We currently do not offer international visa sponsorship
Find your potential by helping others to reach theirs
- Are you looking for a rewarding and exciting career with the salary to match?
- Do you naturally have a caring nature?
- Do you genuinely want to help make a difference to the lives of people living with a learning disability?
If so, then we want to hear from you!
Sound interesting but don’t have previous experience? No problem! We provide full onsite training to the right candidates with the right values. All we ask is that you have patience, a can-do attitude and a desire to help others.
As a Support Worker within our Independent Supported Living service, you will:
- Provide support to our tenants to develop the essential life skills to live as independently as possible in their own home.
- Support our tenants with day-to-day tasks such as taking care of their homes, shopping and cooking.
- Encourage community engagement and support our tenants to maintain friendships and interests, helping them to build confidence and self-esteem.
- Communicate effectively for the people you are caring for.
Plus, as a welcome to the St Cuthbert’s Care family, you’ll receive a one-off welcome bonus of £350!
Why join St Cuthbert’s Care?
We are proud to be the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
We offer our staff a huge range of additional benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Your birthday off
- £350 welcome bonus
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000
- Enhanced overtime payments
- 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme contribution and Life Assurance
- Interest free staff crisis loan
- You’ll be paid and supported to complete your care certificate
- Further specialist training to develop your career
- Blue Light discount service
- Employee discounts on over 130,000 shops and entertainment venues, including Tesco, Argos, cinemas and holidays
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential. The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities.
Please note: We do not offer international visa sponsorship