Alan Shearer Residential – Deputy Manager
Salary: £34,000 per annum plus, sleep-in payments of £68.00 per sleep-in and enhanced overtime rates.
This role also attracts a Welcome Bonus of up to £350.
Closing date: 15 March 2024.
Location: West Denton, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Please note: We currently do not offer international visa sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Deputy Manager to work at our Alan Shearer Residential Service. The successful candidate will be required to support and work alongside the registered manager to develop the service at an operational and strategic level. You will ensure that our residents are safe, well and receive high standards of person-centred care. You will work closely with the registered manager in leading, motivating and guiding the team by promoting the charity values and leading by example, developing the service to reach its full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an NVQ level 3 qualification/equivalent or above.
- Have previous experience of working in adult residential social care services.
- Demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of CQC regulations and standards.
- Have experience in leadership and the ability to motivate others.
- Promote equality and diversity, dignity and respect.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Have excellent IT skills
- Be responsive, use initiative and be able to work on their own initiative or as part of a team.
In addition, we are looking for someone who can have a flexible approach to the hours of work and who has the ability to complete day/night shift to fulfil the needs of the service.
Click here to read the full job description.
Why join St Cuthbert’s Care?
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based, registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities.
We are proud to be the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
Further information on our work can be found in our Annual Review.
We offer our staff a range of additional benefits including:
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, including a day off for your birthday
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Company sick pay scheme
- Staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme bonus of £1000
- Tech scheme
- Free staff counselling service
- Blue Light discount offering shopping discounts on thousands of stores
- Charity workers’ discount
- Free life assurance
How to apply for this job:
To apply for this vacancy, please complete our online application form. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you would like to discuss your application further, please call our recruitment line on 0191 228 8803 or alternatively email email@example.com
Please note: We are unable to employee candidates requiring international visa sponsorship.