Salary: £27,705.60 per annum (£14.40 per hour)
Plus £68 sleep-in payment. Plus £350 welcome bonus
Closing date: 30 October 2023.
Location: Drake House, Newburn, Newcastle.
Hours: Full time over a 7 day rota.
Please note: We currently do not offer international visa sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Deputy Manager to work at our independent supported living service based in Newburn. The successful candidate will be required to support and work alongside the registered manager to develop the service at an operational and strategic level.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities.
- Be committed to providing a high-quality service focussed on developing people’s social and practical living skills.
- Have strong and effective leadership skills.
- Have the ability to manage, motivate and develop staff.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Possess a Diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or an equivalent qualification.
In addition, we are looking for someone who can have a flexible approach to the hours of work and ability to complete day/night shift to fulfil the needs of the service.
For further information, please read the job description.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Apply for this job
To apply for this vacancy, please either complete our online application form. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation. As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide a number of benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
- £350 welcome bonus
- Your birthday, day off
- Enhanced overtime payment
- 7 weeks annual leave
- Pension scheme contribution & Life Assurance
- Interest free staff crisis loan
- Further specialist training to develop your career
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000
- Blue Light discount service for emergency & social care staff
- Employee discounts on over 130,000 shops and entertainment venues, including Tesco, Argos, cinemas and holidays
If you would like to discuss further call our recruitment line on 0191 228 8803 or alternative email email@example.com
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities. To see our latest Annual Review please visit: https://stcuthbertscare.org.uk/annual-review