Salary: £23,625 pa.
Closing date: 31 October 2023.
Location: Based in Newcastle office.
Hours: 35 hours per week. (Temporary 6-12 months to cover maternity leave).
Our finance team is looking to recruit an experienced finance officer.
“We are looking to recruit an experienced finance officer to join our team. This role would suit a self-starter who can prioritise projects and work flexibly to deliver on time to meet the needs of the charity. Ideally, you will have previous experience, excellent spreadsheet and communication skills and a good understanding of accounting double entry. Experience with computerised accounting systems, such as Sage is essential.”
Julie Nichol, Financial Controller
The main duties of this role will be:
- the timely and accurate processing of the charity’s transactions including – purchase ledger, donated income, banking and petty cash
- supporting members of the finance team with sales ledger and month end reporting
AAT or higher qualification is desirable however, for the right candidate the charity will contribute to professional costs and would also offer study time. For more details about the role read the job description
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide a number of benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000
- 7 weeks annual leave
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension scheme contribution and Life Assurance
- Interest free staff crisis loan
- Blue Light discount service for emergency & social care staff
- Employee discounts on over 130,000 shops and entertainment venues, including Tesco, Argos, cinemas and holidays
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based registered social care charity committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s work spans disability, children in care and nursing homes for older people. To see our latest Annual Review please visit: https://stcuthbertscare.org.uk/annual-review/