Human Resources Officer
We have an excellent opportunity for an HR Officer to join our charity. Do you have excellent organisational and administrative skills and a hands-on approach? The successful candidate will take a lead on recruitment and onboarding activities including interview and selection. You will work closely with the HR Lead to ensure an effective and efficient HR service. This is the ideal post for anyone who wishes to develop a career in HR. Ideally, you will have a CIPD qualification but this is not essential as the charity will support the ideal candidate to attain this qualification. You should understand HR best practice and current regulations and have a person-centred outlook with a high level of discretion and attention to detail. If you’re looking to join a values-based charity with career progression, this is the role for you.
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide several benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
- 35 days annual leave (including bank holidays and an extra day’s leave on your birthday)
- Brainwave suggestion scheme of up to £200
- Free staff counselling service
- Free life assurance + pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- All employees are eligible for discounted shopping with the Charity Workers Discount Scheme
- As a social care worker you are eligible to join the Blue Light discount scheme
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000
- Opportunity to apply for an annual travel pass