Closing date: 31 January 2024
Location: Working in our residential and nursing home for older people in Newcastle.
Hours: 37 hours per week. Enhanced overtime rate
We are looking to recruit a kitchen assistant at our residential nursing home for older people in Newcastle. The successful candidate will assist with the preparation of balanced and nutritious meals for our residents, ensuring all meals are serviced to an exceptional standard. Level 2 Food Safety Certificate is essential.
For more information about this post, please download a job description
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide a number of benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
- Enhanced overtime payment
- 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension scheme contribution & Life Assurance
- Interest free staff crisis loan
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000
- Blue Light discount service for emergency & social care staff
- Employee discounts on over 130,000 shops and entertainment venues, including Tesco, Argos, cinemas and holidays
- Free uniform
Apply for this job
To apply for this vacancy, please either complete our online application form
Alternatively, if you require more information about the role please call 0191 228 8803.
If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based, registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential. The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities.