Welcome bonus of up to £350.
Closing date: 29 February 2024.
Location: Working in our residential and nursing home for older people in Newcastle.
Hours: Full time and part-time roles available.
Please note: We currently do not offer international visa sponsorship
We are looking to recruit carers to join our outstanding care team to help ensure our residents continue to live life to the full. If you have a genuine interest in working in a care environment, have a passion for elderly care and genuinely want to make a difference, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Full training will be provided and there will be the opportunity to undertake qualifications for a health and social care certificate. For more details about the role, please read the job description.
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide a number of benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
- Up to £350 welcome bonus
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000
- Enhanced overtime payment
- 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Pension scheme contribution and Life Assurance
- Interest free staff crisis loan
- You’ll be paid and supported to complete your care certificate
- Free uniform
- Further specialist training to develop your career
- Blue Light discount service for emergency & social care staff
- Employee discounts on over 130,000 shops and entertainment venues, including Tesco, Argos, cinemas and holidays
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today by completing our online application form at stcuthbertscarejobs.org.uk/application-form. Alternatively, if you require more information about the role please call 0191 228 8803.
St Catherine’s Nursing Home, part of St Cuthbert’s Care, provides outstanding person-centered care to over 40 residents. Rated CQC ‘Good’ with outstanding care our residents are at the heart of everything we do. You can find out more about the outstanding care we provide by visiting: https://stcuthbertscarenursinghomes.org.uk/st-catherines