Alan Shearer Residential – Residential Care Officer
Salary:From 1 April 2024: £13.44 per hour
(£25,859 per annum) plus enhanced overtime and sleep-in allowance paid at £68.00 per sleep-in
This role also attracts a Welcome Bonus of up to £350.
Closing date: 29 February 2024
Location: West Denton, Newcastle upon Tyne (NE15)
Hours: Full time over a 7-day rota
Please note: We currently do not offer international visa sponsorship
Find your potential by helping others to reach theirs
Do you genuinely want to help make a difference to the lives of young adults living with complex disabilities and acquired brain injuries?
We are expanding our service and are looking to recruit people with the drive and desire to work alongside young adults with learning and/or physical disabilities. Successful applicants will be compassionate and caring and committed to making a real difference to the lives of our residents.
The successful candidates will:
- Support our residents to achieve a healthy lifestyle by promoting positive choices using a person-centred approach.
- Support our residents with a meaningful activities programme.
- Administer or support our residents to self-administer prescribed medication in line with policy.
- Be proactive in supporting colleagues when dealing with difficult situations.
If you are looking for a new career challenge that will support you with full training and have experience in supporting individuals with acquired brain injuries or profound and multiple disabilities, then we would love to hear from you.
Click here to read the full job description.
Why join St Cuthbert’s Care?
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based, registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities.
We are proud to be the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
Further information on our work can be found in our Annual Review.
We offer our staff a range of additional benefits including:
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, including a day off for your birthday
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Company sick pay scheme
- Staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme bonus of £1000
- Tech scheme
- Free staff counselling service
- Blue Light discount offering shopping discounts on thousands of stores
- Charity workers’ discount
- Free life assurance
How to apply for this job:
To apply for this vacancy, please complete our online application form. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you would like to discuss your application further, please call our recruitment line on 0191 228 8803 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We are unable to employee candidates requiring international visa sponsorship.