Salary: £12.72 ph.
Closing date: 14 June 2022.
Location: Working in our residential and nursing home for older people in Sunderland.
Hours: Full-time and part-time roles available.
Holy Cross Nursing Home, part of St Cuthbert’s Care, provides outstanding person-centered care to over 50 residents. Rated CQC ‘Good’, our residents are at the heart of everything we do. You can find out more about the outstanding care we provide by visiting: https://stcuthbertscarenursinghomes.org.uk/holy-cross
We are looking to recruit a Senior Carer to lead and mentor our staff team in achieving excellence, ensuring our residents always receive the highest level of compassionate care.
The main duties of this role include:
• Providing leadership and direction to staff in all aspects of care and social engagement
• Administering, ordering, receiving and disposing of medication
• Providing and encouraging social engagement with residents by actively listening and talking about their personal interests
• Supporting and working closely with residents’ families and friends
• Ensuring residents’ choice and independence is respected
The ideal candidate will hold a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care and have previous experience or working in a similar role.
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide a number of benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
• 34 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Free staff counselling service
• Free life insurance
• Learning and development opportunities
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today by completing our online application form at stcuthbertscarejobs.org.uk/application-form/. Alternatively, you can send your CV to email@example.com or call our recruitment line: 0191 228 8008.