Senior Carer - Nights.
Salary: £13.36 per hour
Plus a welcome bonus of up to £350
Closing date: 30 November 2023.
Location: Working in our residential and nursing home for older people in Newcastle.
Hours: Full Time
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Carer to join our residential nursing home based on the West Road, Newcastle. The successful candidate will provide support to older people during the night. As Senior Night Carer, this role will involve leading, supporting and supervising the staff team. We are looking for a committed, reliable, caring individual with a passion for safeguarding the rights and dignities of older people.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of caring for older people.
- Be committed to providing a high-quality service.
- Have leadership qualities with the aptitude to direct and supervise the staff team in all aspects of care and social engagement.
- Have the ability to motivate staff.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Possess a Diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or an equivalent qualification.
For further information, please read the job description.
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation. As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide a number of benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
- Up to £350 welcome bonus
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000
- Enhanced overtime payment
- 7 weeks annual leave
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension scheme contribution and Life Assurance
- Interest free staff crisis loan
- You’ll be paid and supported to complete your care certificate
- Free uniform
- Further specialist training to develop your career
- Blue Light discount service for emergency & social care staff
- Employee discounts on over 130,000 shops and entertainment venues, including Tesco, Argos, cinemas and holidays
Apply for this job
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today by completing our online application form at stcuthbertscarejobs.org.uk/application-form. Alternatively, if you require more information about the role please call 0191 228 8803.
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities. To see our latest Annual Review please visit: https://stcuthbertscare.org.uk/annual-review