Salary: £13.36ph. Salary: £25,700
Welcome bonus of up to £350
Closing date: 31 December 2023
Location: Working in our residential and nursing home for older people in Holy Cross, Sunderland.
Hours: 37 hours per week.
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based registered social care charity committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s work spans disability, children in care and nursing homes for older people. To see our latest Annual Review please visit: https://stcuthbertscare.org.uk/annual-review
We are looking to recruit a Senior Carer to lead and mentor our staff team in achieving excellence, ensuring our residents always receive the highest level of compassionate care.
The main duties of this role include:
• Providing leadership and direction to staff in all aspects of care and social engagement
• Administering, ordering, receiving and disposing of medication
• Providing and encouraging social engagement with residents by actively listening and talking about their personal interests
• Supporting and working closely with residents’ families and friends
• Ensuring residents’ choice and independence is respected
The ideal candidate will hold a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care and have previous experience or working in a similar role. Read the Job Description.
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide a number of benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
- Enhanced overtime payment
- 7 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension scheme contribution & Life Assurance
- Interest free staff crisis loan
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000
- Blue Light discount service for emergency & social care staff
- Employee discounts on over 130,000 shops and entertainment venues, including Tesco, Argos, cinemas and holidays
- Free uniform
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today by completing our online application form.
If you would like to discuss further call our recruitment line on 0191 228 8803 or alternative email firstname.lastname@example.org