Senior Supervising Social Worker.
Salary: – £38,000 to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience. (Due to be reviewed April 2024)
Closing date: 29 February 2024
Location: St Cuthbert’s House, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Hours: 35 hours per week (you will need to work flexibly to meet regulatory requirements. For example be part of the 24/7 out of hours duty rota).
We are looking to recruit a motivated and dynamic Senior Supervising Social Worker to contribute to our Fostering service by providing the safest and best outcomes for our Children and Young People. You will be part of an experienced, ‘can do will do’ fostering service and work closely with foster carers, children, local authorities, and other stakeholders.
You will have:
• A recognised Social Work qualification and have professional registration with Social Work England.
• Experience of working within a Fostering Agency.
• Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing.
• A comprehensive working knowledge of Ofsted standards, relevant legislation, and child safeguarding procedures.
• The ability to carry a small caseload.
• The ability to support colleagues in practice, leading by example.
• The willingness and ability to travel out of hours to meet the needs of the service.
• The ability to support team learning and development.
• A full driving licence with access to a car for business use.
Why work for us
We are a Living Wage employer – the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we provide a number of benefits and wellbeing initiatives for our staff, including:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A day off for your birthday
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Welcome bonus of £350
- Company sick pay scheme
- Staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme of £1000
- Tech scheme
- Free staff counselling service
- Blue light discount offering shopping discounts on thousands of stores
- Charity workers discount
- Free life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like to discuss further call our recruitment line on 0191 228 8803 or alternative email email@example.com
Apply for this job
To apply for this role: complete our online application form or if you require more information about the role please call 0191 228 8803.
If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities. To see our latest Annual Review please visit: https://stcuthbertscare.org.uk/annual-review