Learning Disability – Senior Support Worker
Salary: From 1 April: £13.65 per hour (£26,263 per annum) plus sleep-in allowance of £68.00 per sleep-in and enhanced overtime rate
This role also attracts a Welcome Bonus of up to £350.
Closing date: 29 February 2024
Location: Newburn, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hours: 37 hours per week over a 7-day rota
Please note: We currently do not offer international visa sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Support Worker to join our Independent Supported Living Service based in Newburn. The successful candidate will provide support to adults with disabilities to develop social engagement and practical living skills. As a Senior Support Worker, you will work closely with the registered manager to lead, support and supervise the staff team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities.
- Be committed to providing a high-quality service focussed on developing people’s social and practical living skills.
- Have previous experience of supervising a staff team.
- Have the ability to motivate staff.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Possess a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care or an equivalent qualification.
Click here to read the full job description.
Why join St Cuthbert’s Care?
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based, registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities.
We are proud to be the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
Further information on our work can be found in our Annual Review.
We offer our staff a range of additional benefits including:
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, including a day off for your birthday
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Company sick pay scheme
- Staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme bonus of £1000
- Tech scheme
- Free staff counselling service
- Blue Light discount offering shopping discounts on thousands of stores
- Charity workers’ discount
- Free life assurance
How to apply for this job:
To apply for this vacancy, please complete our online application form. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you would like to discuss your application further, please call our recruitment line on 0191 228 8803 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We are unable to employee candidates requiring international visa sponsorship.