Learning Disability – Support Worker
Salary: From 1 April 2024: £12.30 per hour plus sleep-in allowance of £68.00 per sleep-in and enhanced overtime rate
This role also attracts a Welcome Bonus of up to £350.
Closing date: 31 March 2024
Location: Newburn, Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: Full and part time roles available over a 7-day rota
Please note: We currently do not offer international visa sponsorship.
Thinking of a career in care but don’t have previous experience? Look no further!
All we ask is that you have patience, a can-do attitude and a desire to help others. Full training will be provided to successful candidates who share our vision of providing outstanding support to those living in our care.
As a Support Worker within our Independent Supported Living service, you will:
- Provide support to our tenants to develop the essential life skills they need to live as independently as possible in their own home.
- Support our tenants with day-to-day life skills, such as taking care of their homes, shopping and cooking.
- Encourage community engagement and support our tenants to maintain friendships and interests, helping them to build confidence and self-esteem.
- Communicate effectively with the people you are caring for.
Click here to read the full job description.
Why join St Cuthbert’s Care?
St Cuthbert’s Care is a values-based, registered social care charity, committed to enabling people to reach their personal potential.
The charity’s areas of work include nursing homes for older people, children in care and services for people with disabilities.
We are proud to be the first regional charity in the North East, delivering adult social care as part of our work, to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
Further information on our work can be found in our Annual Review.
We offer our staff a range of additional benefits including:
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, including a day off for your birthday
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Company sick pay scheme
- Staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme bonus of £1000
- Tech scheme
- Free staff counselling service
- Blue Light discount offering shopping discounts on thousands of stores
- Charity workers’ discount
- Free life assurance
How to apply for this job:
To apply for this vacancy, please complete our online application form. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you would like to discuss your application further, please call our recruitment line on 0191 228 8803 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We are unable to employee candidates requiring international visa sponsorship.