Closing date: 04 March
Based: St Catherine's, Newcastle / Holy Cross, Sunderland
We are currently recruiting Apprentice Care Assistants to work in our residential and nursing homes for older people in Newcastle and Sunderland.
If you are aged between 16 and 24 and have a genuine interest in caring for older people and are qualified below a level 3 we want to hear from you. You will gain practical experience working with vulnerable adults and will undertake a range of training, whilst obtaining a nationally recognised Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
- Assisting residents in all aspects of social care, including personal care, cleaning, laundry and social interaction
- Ensuring residents retain their independence and dignity
- Safeguarding individuals from all forms of abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, financial or otherwise)
- Ensuring that the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the residents are met
- Escorting residents during social outings, dental and hospital appointments
- Taking part in activities
- Attending all compulsory training events and achieving the required skill level for the role
- Completing appropriate documentation
- Acting in a professional manner at all times
Our ideal candidate will
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
- Be committed to providing a high quality service with compassion and understanding of the needs of older people
- Promote and respect the rights, dignities and wellbeing of older people
- Work as part of a team
- Be Able to carry out moving and handling tasks
Apply for this job
To apply for this vacancy, please either complete our online application form, or send us your CV, contact details with the reference (0103/17) by emailing email@example.com.
If you have not heard within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful.